Continued growth at Columbus Instruments provides opportunities to qualified individuals in the areas listed below. We have been in business since 1970 and have a solid placement in the marketplace due to our attention to product quality and customer support. Columbus Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Simple IRA with company match.
Electronic Service Coordinator (In-House)
Provide quality and efficient customer service to customers via e-mail and/or telephone. Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of basic electronics to provide system troubleshooting to customers.
- Confers with domestic and international customers via e-mail and/or telephone to troubleshoot tier one service issues.
- Oversees and delegates tier two and above service issues to the appropriate technician or engineer.
- Tracks and creates all service tickets and prepares shipping requests.
- Provides customers with service/parts quotations and ensures that quotes are processed through the quoting software in a timely manner.
- Follows up with customers that have been quoted for service/parts.
- Prepares and packs parts for shipment.
- Tracks and coordinates domestic and international installation/training and ensures that the customer has all of the appropriate materials prior to installation/training scheduling.
- Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service.
- Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Technical troubleshooting experience.
- Understanding of electronics and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams, pneumatic diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization and documentation skills.
- Customer focused with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- 2-3 years technical experience in electronic instrumentation field.
- 2-3 years customer service experience.
- Electronic or Specialized Technical Education a plus.
- Knowledge of measuring non-electrical parameters such as weight, temperature, air pressure, etc. is beneficial.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position operates in an office and manufacturing setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of time as well as reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist or lifting as required to file documents, pack small orders and store materials throughout the workday. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds.
Columbus Instruments offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Simple IRA with company match.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer