Continued growth at Columbus Instruments provides opportunities to qualified individuals in the areas listed below. We have been in business since 1970 and have a solid placement in the marketplace due to our attention to product quality and customer support. Columbus Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Simple IRA with company match.
Build, assemble, test and troubleshoot electronic and mechanical components for lab animal (non-human) instrumentation. The position applies knowledge of electronics and mechanical principles while building equipment. The electronic technician provides skilled mechanical and electronic support to all areas of manufacturing.
- Mechanical assembly and assembly of front and rear panel components.
- Use basic hand tools and machine tools for assembly of electro-mechanical parts.
- Use a multi-meter for testing cables and low voltage signals.
- Mount components and wire panels.
- Use a soldering iron for both cable and PCB (through-hole) assembly.
- Trouble-shooting to the PCB level.
- Pack orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of electronics.
- Electronic testing and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to follow wiring and pneumatic diagrams.
- Ability to read electrical schematics a plus.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally the employees must lift and move 50 pounds.
Columbus Instruments is a small employer and has been in business since 1970. We manufacture instrumentation for monitoring Behavior and Physiology in lab animals (non-human), as well as instrumentation for Environmental research. For more information about Columbus Instruments go to www.colinst.com.
Columbus Instruments offers full-time employees competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Simple IRA with company match.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer