Continued growth at Columbus Instruments provides opportunities to qualified individuals in the areas listed below. We have been in business since 1970 and have a solid placement in the marketplace due to our attention to product quality and customer support. Columbus Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Simple IRA with company match.
Researches, designs, and develops computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development for instrumentation used for monitoring behavior and physiology in lab animals as well as instrumentation for environmental research.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Develops and direct software system testing procedures, programming and documentation.
- Store, retrieve and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong communication, customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Creative thinker, resourceful.
- Self-started with ability to deliver goals with minimal direction.
- Excellent working knowledge of Window 7, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in software development.
- Experiencing developing/designing desktop software (.NET preferred).
- Experience with embedded systems / hardware.
- Visual Basic 6 and VBA preferred.
BONUS JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extreme Programming (XP).
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position operates in an office and manufacturing setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of time as well as reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist or lifting as required to file documents, pack orders or store materials throughout the workday.
Columbus Instruments offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Simple IRA with company match.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer