ExerGait is an open treadmill in which a clear belt measuring 2" (51 mm) in width that provides the running surface for a single mouse. Suspended over the surface of the belt is one clear wall (as viewed from the front of the device) that creates a running lane width of 1.5" (38 mm). The running lane length available for animal access is adjustable from 4.5" (11.4 cm) to 10.5" 26.6 cm). The running lane provides 1.75" (44 mm) of inside height.
New Exer Gait XL for rats is now available. Running lane is 3.5" (9 cm) wide and 8.75" (22 cm) long. The width can be adjusted to 2" (5 cm) for mice.
The incline of ExerGait is fixed at horizontal but can be externally tilted for either uphill or downhill running. Treadspeed is adjustable over the range of 0 to 50 centimeters per second with a resolution of 0.1 centimeter per second.
The animal contacts PVC and Lexan materials when placed within the treadmill. The front sidewall is manufactured from clear Lexan to facilitate observation of the animal from an elevation perspective. The back sidewall is manufactured from gray PVC and provides a suitable contrasting backdrop for black and white mice. ExerGait is fabricated on a rigid steel frame that has been powder-coated to resist corrosion.
Features / Specifications
- Crystal Clear Running Surface
- Adjustable Speed Range: 0 - 50 cm/sec.
- Sensory Indication of Rear Wall Proximity
- Adjustable Lane length
- High Torque Motor With Speed Control
- Easy Maintenance
Exer Gait XL Physical Specifications:
- Overall Height: 17" (43 cm)
- Overall Width: 27" (68.5 cm) (left to right)
- Overall Depth: 24" (61 cm) (front to back)
- ExerGait is available in 115VAC/60Hz & 230VAC/50Hz configurations.
- Power Consumption: 200 watts
- 0285-8000 Gait Analysis Treadmill for Rats and Mice
Papers coming soon, presently in peer review.
Contact us for ordering