The Columbus Instruments' Non-Invasive Blood Pressure (NIBP) Monitor can monitor systolic, diastolic, mean blood pressure, as well as heart rate with 7% accuracy in one to eight rats or mice. The NIBP consistently tracks the changes of systolic, diastolic, and mean blood pressure measured non-invasively and utilizes two separate cuffs. The first, positioned closely to the tail base, is used for arterial occlusion and the second, positioned down from the first cuff, is used to sense arterial pulsation. The user can schedule timing of measurements for each animal. It takes 16 seconds to complete the blood pressure measurement cycle for an animal. Subsequent measurements can be set 30 seconds apart.The NIBP is fully automatic and results are presented on the screen and can be printed and/or saved to a file as the numerical values pressure in mmHg, as well as graphical pictures of the signal from the pulsation sensor and a graph of ascending and descending pressure in the occlusion sensor. After completion of the measurment, the user has the option to review the results by displaying signals from both cuffs and make a decision to accept or reject the measurement.
Features / Specifications
- For rats and mice.
- Fully automated or user interactive.
- Monitors up to eight animals.
Animal's tail is prewarmed rather than heating the animal's body.
Operating Mode: Manual and automatic (timed and scheduled)
- Systolic blood pressure
- Diastolic blood pressure
- Mean blood pressure
- Heart rate
Range of Measurement:
- Blood Pressure: 20 - 300 ±1 mmHg
- Heart Rate: 1 - 900 bpm
- Pulse Detection Method: Pressured cuff, palpation
- Occluding Cuff: 0 - 300 mmHg
- Sensing Cuff: 0 - 100 mmHg
- Resolution: 12 bits
- Sampling Interval: 4 ms
Connection with computer:
- Port: RS-232 serial port
- Format: 19200,N,8
- Power Requirements: 120/240 volts AC, 40 watts
- Physical Dimensions: 11.5"W x 7.5"H x 13"D
- Weight: 12 pounds
- 0219-8000 Columbus NIBP-8 Eight(8) Channel Interface & Software
- 0219-4200 Columbus NIBP Animal Restrainer (80-150g)
- 0219-4205 Columbus NIBP Animal Restrainer (150-200g)
- 0219-4210 Columbus NIBP Animal Restrainer (200-350g)
- 0219-4215 Columbus NIBP Animal Restrainer (350-550g)
- 0219-4220 Columbus NIBP Animal Restrainer (550-800g)
- 0219-4730 Columbus NIBP Animal Restrainer (15-35g)
- 0219-4735 Columbus NIBP Animal Restrainer (35-50g)
- 0219-1008 Columbus NIBP Rat Tail Cuff Assembly with Support Bracket
Occlusion: 0.58" (14.7mm) Long, 0.58" (14.7mm) ID
Sensor: : 0.56" (20.3mm) Long, 0.58" (14.7mm) ID
- 0219-0720 Columbus NIBP Mouse Tail Cuff Assembly with Support Bracket
Occlusion: 0.34" (8.6mm) Long, 0.25" (6.35mm) ID
Sensor: : 0.56" (14.2mm) Long, 0.25" (6.35mm) ID
- 0219-4006 Columbus NIBP Rat Tail Cuff Sleeves (50pcs)
- 0219-4004 Columbus NIBP Mouse Tail Cuff Sleeves (50pcs)
- 0219-8100 Columbus NIBP Warming Compartment 120V $ 1,910.00
- 0219-8101 Columbus NIBP Warming Compartment 220V $ 1,910.00
Papers coming soon, presently in peer review.
Contact us for ordering